ASAM State of the Art Course
This course is designed specifically for physicians and healthcare professionals seeking an advanced level of knowledge about breakthroughs in the field and will include:
- Presentations focused on scientific advances and emerging evidence in addiction medicine
- Sessions organized around key topics that will also be translated into clinically useful knowledge
- Concise presentations delving into understanding, preventing, diagnosing, and treating addiction and co-occurring medical and psychiatric disorders
The ASAM State of the Art Course begins at 8:30 am ET on Thursday, September 29, 2022 and concludes at 12:00 pm ET on Saturday, October 1, 2022. Following the live event, registrants will have on-demand access to all content from the course in the ASAM eLearning Center until October 30, 2025.Click here to register
for The ASAM State of the Art Course.
- Dynamic, cutting-edge information presented by distinguished faculty
- Fast-paced and interactive program
- Planned by national experts in the field of addiction medicine
- Course app providing access to slides and resources
- Opportunities for networking with thought leaders, colleagues, and exhibitors
Who Should Attend
- Addiction medicine specialists who are interested in the latest research in the field and its translation to clinical practice
- Physicians and other healthcare professionals who treat patients with addiction and seek an advanced level of knowledge
- Scientists, researchers, public health officials and advocates dedicated to the field of addiction medicine
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the important, new, scientific breakthroughs in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of addiction.
- Critically evaluate new science and describe how it changes the current understanding of addiction and co-occurring medical or psychiatric disorders.
- Develop practical applications for integrating new and emerging science into practice.
- Identify gaps in the field of addiction medicine that future research can address.
- Create a network of colleagues and resources to support the learner’s practice or form future research collaborations.
CME for the State of the Art Course
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Society of Addiction Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American Society of Addiction Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.